Surfing around the net for a while, I accidentally came to this page, where at the bottom of the image I found one nice little logo under it.
On the logo it says, “Some rights reserved.”
Though at first you will think it's a joke, it actually isn't. In fact, I've seen several web sites with Creative Commons logo for quite some time. But in the past, I didn't own any blog (or more precisely, I just owned a dead blog), so I didn't pay much attention to it.
But now, things have changed, since the blog is revived, and I already am planning to keep blogging. So, I just had a feeling that, if I want to do it, I wanna do it right. I should be more careful about this licensing stuff.
For the moment, I'm in favor of this type of license because I feel that this approach is more open than the normal copyright one. In a normal license, everything is restricted and tightly controlled. On the other hand, with Creative Commons license, people have more freedom to make use of the materials on my site — but not too much.
For this blog, I choose this license, but it's not the only type of license available at Creative Commons web site. From there, you can get the license that's right for you by completing a simple HTML form. For any Creative Commons license you use, you will have it both in human-readable, and full legal code format (for example, for this blog it will be this and this).
Once you're done, you can place their logo somewhere on your site. I was about to put one here too. But since it seems to make my footer too crowd, I decided to just use the text link.
So, from now on, content created by me here in this blog is “Some rights reserved.” Though it sounds a bit funny, but if you think about it, the description fits the nature of the license quite well. :-P
PS. I made some changes to the template again, BTW. Now the archive page should list only the headers instead of the whole posts. That way people can easily skim through the page, and the page is faster to load. Thanks my sis and blogger help for this. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment