At this point, I think what I need for my blog is the place to host images that will be posted on this blog.
What interests me at the moment are Flickr and Hello. Though Hello is part of the Google empire, and suppose to work very well with Blogger, Flickr isn't such a bad choice, either. And considering that even some person who works on Blogger uses Flickr himself, I think it's a very appealing choice.
One reason that I favor Flickr over Hello is that, with Flickr, I can have an online gallery. Hello, on the other hand, seems to be too limited on how you can share photos: besides posting pictures on your blog, if you want another way to share pictures, the only choice left is to use Hello chat to send them to your friends. And, obviously, for this to work, you have to make sure that every friend of yours has Hello installed on his/her system.
So, making it short, if I decide to use Hello, I will face with technology lock-in problem. But if I'm going for Flickr, my picture hosting system will be more open and user-friendly, since viewers only need their own browsers to view photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment